Monday, November 1, 2010

I've been Light-Bulbed

Thus far, it has been great working with Robert H., Robert R., and Seth. In our first project, I think we executed our main idea pretty well--love the variations of it and the potential where this project could go. Concerning each writer's focus in this project, the ideas of race and weather are my giants, which would either make me or break me. Concerning the weather, I've tried to juxtaposed my memories of Southern climates with my experiences of Las Cruces' climate. Hopefully, this would be appealing at the end result of all of our work on this project. Concerning race, I am grateful for the simple in-class converstation I shared with Connie after class period. The knowledge and awareness of Blackdom, which is what I called a reservation for African American settlers during the early 20th century. The town no longer exist because of complications with the water supply during that time period. However, this is a hot and interesting topic for me. Furthermore, I am excited to see where this research would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment