Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Documenting through the Senses: Our First Exercise

And so it begins...and so beautifully too!



For the first week, our group split into pairs. Two people went west to Mesilla Plaza and two went East to the Organs. ...or so we planned. With one group member falling prey to gravity, the Mesilla trip seems to be postponed. And surprise, surprise: the lovely Dripping Springs costs money to enter. As the sign boldly says: "No Exceptions!" So while Heather detoured to A-mountain to collect the sounds of LC from that beautiful location, I wasn't so smart. I blithely drove past the waiting fee envelopes and quickly clicked away with my trusty cell phone. The photographs, a few of which I included, don't begin to capture how breathtaking the fight between cloud shadow and sunlight was today on the boulders.

If you haven't been to Dripping Springs, the trip is worth it--even if you have to pay the fee. Still, when the white truck pulled in (I'm assuming to come after me for not paying, though I might just be super paranoid), I pulled out speedily, if reluctantly.

This afternoon we traded sound for visual, and we are off to write based on only one sense. I'll let you know how the writing part turns out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment